In theatre Monday is our weekend. And tomorrow couldn't come fast enough.
The basic make-up of a theatre schedule goes:
Prep (just the stage managers for up to a week)
Rehearsal in the rehearsal hall - 2 ish to 3 weeks
Tech - a couple days on stage
10 out of 12 - up to 4 days that you work 10 out of the 12 hours you are called for the day
- this includes tech runs and dress rehearsals
Preview Shows with rehearsal during the day
Opening
Run of the show - 8 shows a week
Closing
Today is our 3rd out of 4 10 out of 12. I have been working 12 hour days all week to prepare for this weekend - which has been 14 hours a day for us stage managers.
I am pretty tired.
Tech run last night - which means we did the whole show with all of the tech (and usually you don't add costumes yet - but that is a whole other story)
Tonight is Tech Dress. The difference between a Tech Dress and a full on Dress Rehearsal is that professional theatre usually mucks things up by inviting people to watch the dress rehearsal. For this show, we are ready for an audience. For many others you are not. So tonight is our last run of the show before people start watching it for entertainment.
I am tired, I am sore and my eyes hurt. Wish me luck. (Common misconception that you are not allowed to say Good-Luck to a theatre person).
No comments:
Post a Comment