Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Before and After :: Master Bedroom

Master Bedroom
The master bedroom was purple. Not just purple but with a very country rose border.The first thing we did was switch out the 1/2" plastic venetian blinds for basic blackout roller blinds. But the border was really getting to us.

So Stef and I spent a couple humid hours in the bedroom pulling down the paper. I had originally planned to paint the headboard wall a darker green called Egyptian Nile and the other three walls Mother Nature, a lighter green on the same paint chip as the darker colour. When the guest room ended up being green I figured I had to do something different (mostly because when you get to the top of our stairs you can look straight into both the guest room and the master at the same time.) So, to get rid of the purple we used the leftover kitchen paint. We put down a primer coat and then only had enough paint for one coat of the brown. As a result it is not true to the paint chip, it has some purple bleeding through which is making the brown look a bit more taupe - even sagey.My plan is to find a green fabric in the original colour I was going to paint to create a headboard. I wanna cover a piece of plywood with batting and fabric and then surround it in moulding. And probably use the same fabric for drapery panels.



No comments: