Sunday, March 22, 2009

I hate March

Yesterday it was beautiful outside. So nice that I pulled a kitchen chair onto the deck to eat my lunch. While I was eating Charlie was running around and Logan was putting up chicken wire to keep the dog out of the mud. There was no snow. None in the backyard except the pile in the shade that Logan was breaking up and Charlie was chasing. We weren't wearing jackets and it was glorious.

I had a two show day yesterday. Before the shows, see above. After the shows, it was a winter wonderland. As a result I drove two of the girls home. Not a big deal, I can handle a little bit of snow.

This morning I opened the door to let Charlie out and we were both taken aback by what we saw. I am sure we got over 6" of snow. Charlie couldn't walk, his belly was scraping the snow so he had to hop around. There was a snow drift on the stairs to the point where you couldn't tell where the stairs even where.

I gave myself a little over an hour to get to work today. 20 minutes of that was digging the car out. The snow was up to my knees around the car. I was soaked in no time.

In the suburbs the snow is up to your knees, but downtown it is just a series of rivers for roads and lakes for intersections. I am so glad that I only have one show today and don't have to drive when it is all a frozen mess.

Stupid March.

No comments: