Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spelling Bee

I am a terrible speller. I have always known that. My mother has always told me that.
This recently has been spot lighted. The show I am working on right now is called "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee". Every show we call up 4 audience volunteers to be apart of the spelling bee. In recent days we have volunteers from the office etc. But in the beginning he would just call some of us from the production table to hop up and spell. I am out every time! Every time!
To add to the spelling embarrassment the choreographer decided that it would be a good idea to have an actual spelling bee (not scripted). So yesterday afternoon we did. I was the first speller and I failed, again. Not that I was the only one. Of the 13 of us in the bee all but three got their first words wrong. But mine was pretty easy. I don't even want to admit what the word was. Oh well. If there is anything I have learned working in this business - I have no shame. Oh well. Got the word wrong. Moving on.

This show has been a delight. The rehearsal days is filled with laughter and very little stress. We are nearly finished week 3. We move onto the stage next week. I am sure the usual stresses will follow us there, but I am really not worried. I have been "Beyond Eden", everything seems like a picnic now.

1 comment:

Mom G said...

I blame it on "whole language" method you were taught ...