Thursday, February 01, 2007

Proactive Defensive Driving Coarse

Now that I have gotten over feeling bad about not paying attention to the show I can tell you what I did today. I went to a Proactive Defensive Driving Coarse. Most of the people were there because they wanted to reduce their demerits. I was there because the next show I am working on is a in city tour - and I have to drive the company van.

What a waste of eight hours. Sitting in a room with delinquents talking about the cons of speeding and drinking and driving. All I really walked away with was a renewed sense of how dangerous it is to drive. Like I needed a reminder. I am living in a city of a million people that has outgrown it's current roadways long before they thought - and we had a huge dump of snow yesterday and it is like the people of Calgary have never seen it before! (it took me over twenty minutes, not in rush hour to get from home to work - I can walk there in that time) I am already afraid for my life when I'm behind the wheel.

But the long and the short of it is, I got 98% on the end of class test, got the certificate and will be able to do my next contract. As a bonus, if I get any demerits in the next 2 years this coarse will erase them - and the company paid for it!

No comments: