It may seem odd that I didn't write for a long time and then suddenly put forth a lengthy entry on my thoughts about a subject most people like to avoid. To fill the gap...
We were in Regina for the Long Weekend. Logan's sister Lindsay was married to Dan. And we had a lovely time. As always, the stay was far to short. We left Calgary at noon on Friday (the earliest they would let Logan out of class) and arrived late for rehearsal but just in time for supper. The weather on Sat started out horridly, but shaped up in time for the ceremony and started raining just after pictures. Sunday we went to the gift opening, had tea with my grandparents, had the Kotlar's over for dinner - and I flew home.
I flew home because on Monday I started a short contract with Theatre Calgary. A festival called Fuse - a new play initiative. It was to look at different plays and if a theatre like Theatre Calgary should consider presenting them or plays like them.
Monday we rehearsed Much Ado About Nothing
Tuesday we presented it.
Wednesday we rehearsed Omnium Gatherum
Thursday we presented it.
Today, Friday we rehearse Passage to India.
And tomorrow we present it.
12 hours of rehearsal and then a presentation, script in hand, to a small, but interested group of theatre people and their spouses (who are usually also theatre people).
But it has be extremely interesting, but a bit tiring. Three first days and three performances in six days. Though I wouldn't change a thing. I am meeting people that may hire me in the future, and a ton of interesting actors from Calgary I have not yet met - and others whom I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment