This weekend was a long weekend. A holiday. A time for families to be together and share a meal and a prayer of thanksgiving. My family did just that - I however work in theatre. A workplace populated by heathens and those who don't care about family dinners, Sunday brunch after church or any religious holiday. That being said, I worked this weekend.
It was tech weekend - which means long hours and frustration. But after a Saturday and Sunday of hell, Monday brought hope in the form of an audience. 72 smiling, responsive, living people filling the red chairs that have been staring in silence for the past 8 runs of the show. But the hope was crushed by a 4 hour rehearsal following the show.
On my way home I called Logan to ask if they were on their way home from the football game and how many people he was bringing. (I knew that it would be Logan, Rory and I. Rory came to town for the football game and would be staying with us. Nicole was also in town for the weekend with my prof. Bill. They were planning to go home after the game - so they were a big question mark for supper before my rehearsal began.) Logan reported to me that we would be hosting thanksgiving dinner for 7. Rory, Bill, Nicole, Cris, Jen, Logan and I. It went really well. Nicole had most of the work done when I got home from rehearsal. Roast Beef, mashed potatoes, carrots, garlic toast and raw veggies for dipping. She had even picked up a pumpkin pie, which I served along side my own apple pie.
For a person that thought they weren't going to have a big meal with people I love - I was wrong.
1 comment:
It was so great of Nicole to prepare supper for everyone ... good friends are great to have!
Post a Comment