Monday, February 25, 2008

Packing has begun

As you may see, I have added a countdown to possession. Noon March 28th.
And as I feel the time begin to tick we have started packing.
Moving is no fun. I love thinking about our new place and planning. But the idea of packing - and worse - unpacking is daunting. (Although I should be in Regina for most of the really awful unpacking of those last boxes).
I do have good news - The Globe Theatre has allowed me Sunday off and I can be home for the Sunday Monday of the weekend move.

Decorating ideas have been flowing since we got the house. I think we have decided on Sage and brown for the living room. The long, large wall of the living room will be Behr 400F-6 grasshopper wing (terrible name), and the other two side walls and the entry/stairs/bathroom wall would be Behr 740C-2 Oat Straw. I think that with brown couches and brown, blue and sage accessories it should look nice. I haven't decided on the window coverings, but probably a nice pattern or solid brown with a sage band.

The kitchen has terribly orange oak cabinets which I will change at the earliest convenience (real wood so a little elbow grease and stain should do the trick). It also has terrible Blue counter tops (I think it is close to Southern Evening 550D-7). To start I think we will paint all of the walls the Oat Straw from the living room and see what to do from there. I really like Mountain Elk 740D-6. I think we can't choose a colour for the kitchen without knowing if we are changing the cabinets now or later and the counter top. If we can afford the cost of a new counter top and the time for the cabinets then the colour should be easy. But if we have to keep the counter top I am not sure what to do. I also like Blue Fox 540E-3 but am not sure I want to bring out the blue of the counter. The kitchen may need to be sat in for a bit to make colour decisions.

www.behr.com

No comments: