
Enchanted April closed last Sunday the 2nd. I fly to Regina on Thursday the 20th. Therein lies the problem with being a contract worker, sometimes there are weeks between contracts. This time I was a little more concerned because of the house and our bills going up very soon. To solve this I pushed for myself at Theatre Calgary.
The show after Enchanted April was the very large musical "Beauty and the Beast". There is a child in the show that plays Chip and he requires a Chaperone. The theatre waited a bit to long and all of the people that usually do it - or have done it before were busy. So I pushed that they should hire me for the two weeks that I am still in town. The Technical Director was all in favor and helped make that happen.
So I have been hanging out with Thomas for a week and a half. The show is huge! Until today we have been spending five hours in the afternoon rehearsing and then a four hour show call in the evening. (The show came from Edmonton and Thomas is the only new person in the cast). I stay with the show until Sunday and have three days off until I fly to Regina.
No comments:
Post a Comment