We finished the whole to do list with time to spare.
I finished all of the cooking I wanted before the first guest arrived with 20 minutes to spare.
The menu:
- Beef on a bun
- Potato Rounds (potato slices crisped with melted cheese, bacon and green onion)
- Surprise Spread
- Veggie and Dip
- Cheese Ball
- Fruit Salsa (peach, kiwi, raspberry, lime) with Homemade cinnamon tortillas
- Homegrown strawberry rhubarb tarts
There were plenty of people. This morning we were trying to count and we made it to 40 without much hesitation. So I am sure there were more.
We had a great time. And I am so proud of Charlie. There were a handful of very small kids and a couple of very playful older kids. He was very good with them. Very cautious and gentle. They loved him. So did all of the adults. There were many people that tried to sneak him out in their jackets.
And the weather co-operated. It was clear for most of the day. Long enough for Logan to cut the lawn and tidy the yard. The clouds rolled in and it rained round 3:30 for an hour. And then rolled out. We were able to be on the deck all night. I don't know what we would have done if it was raining.
All in all it was a success. I couldn't be happier.
1 comment:
I wish I could've been there for the food if nothing else! I need your recipe for the Homemade Cinnamon Tortillas! Yum! And the Potato Rounds.... deeeelish! I'll have to remember to add these 2 things to my menu next time we have company.... Glad you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment