Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Come Fly with Me"

My current show is delightful. It is a little lacking in the story department. But it is light and charming. I love it. It makes me happy.

Yesterday was opening. We had planned a Martini party, ala Frank Sinatra. Everyone brought booze and food and we had a great time.

Sidebar - Opening usually means gifts. I have been so uninspired by the shows I have been working on that I have been making cookies or something and putting a card on top and calling it a day. This time I was moved to do something more. I bought martini glasses for everyone. I researched martinis with names of the songs in the show, "New York New York", "Stormy Weather", and "Mac The Knife". There was also a martini created by a famous bartender for Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, "The Flame of Love". I bought mini bottles of the key booze in each drink and made recipe cards for that martini ingredient. I wrapped them up with cellophane and ribbon and they looked great.

The party was a huge success. The show comes down at 1:05 in the afternoon and we started drinking shortly after. The one thing about doing a lunch time show is that you can drink to excess, get drunk and sober up all before bed. I went to bed with a hang over headache. But it was all worth it, it was a great time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an unique idea ... martini glasses and recipes ... you are very generous - your parents should be proud - Hey that would be me - VERY PROUD!