Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wow, January 14

Time has flown by.

It all started with the flu. I find that my body is very considerate and waits until I have days off to get sick. I am not complaining, this has come in handy more than once. However, this time it didn't check the calender and see that there was only two days off.

I was fine the whole Christmas holiday - entertaining kept me busy. After all of the family went back to Regina I spent the days prepping for my next show. We went to Canmore for New Years (which was delightful, by the way), and then on the 2nd had a Production Meeting at the theatre. The meeting was so laid back and everything was going well. I was told to take two days off and we will start rehearsals on Monday rested. I went home on Friday ready to relax. Saturday went well too. Then I went to sleep. It was cut short by the sudden urge to toss my cookies at around 1am and stuck around for the whole of the night. It is the worst flu I have ever had. You usually have a bit of a reprieve between bouts of throw up. I was up so much that Logan called in for work because I had kept him up all night.

I was in a bad way all of Sunday and Sunday night. I didn't even bother to see "if I could make it" on Monday morning. I called as soon as it was a decent hour. ***As a side bar, you don't call is sick in theatre. There is no substitute teacher, no understudy, no make up test. There is a tight timeline and rehearsal cannot happen without the stage manager, legally. Let's just say they had to call someone else in. Ouch.***
I threw up all day Monday but had a decent sleep on Monday night. I got up with full conviction that I would work on Tuesday. Not just "see how I was feeling", I had no choice. I made it through three hours of rehearsal before I excused myself and left for the day. Wednesday and on were the slow climb up the mountain of recovery.

Rehearsals have been going great though. "Come Fly With Me" at Lunchbox Theatre. It is one of the best rehearsal processes I have ever been apart of. There are two actors that sing to me all day, they have both done the show before (but not together), and everything seems to be coming together fairly easily. I am sure by typing that I have jinxed the sound levels session that is scheduled to happen in 20 minutes. Oh well. I am ready.

No comments: