Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Unemployment

We are going home to Regina tomorrow. It is the first time we have gone home since we got our new Rouge. We leased it in September. It has been a while. A nice road trip to test out the new CUV.

In honour of Earth Day today I printed out the research I have done on homemade cleaners. You know, mostly vinegar concoctions. I think that as we run out of the cleaners we have I will sub in the homemade stuff and see how it goes. I have already started with a general spray cleaner.

The candle party last Monday was very successful. And as a bonus April had an offer that if you have 10 buyers and a booking for a subsequent party you get 40% of the sales in a credit. Also there were some nice looking host specials with items 50-75% off at $20. Also, the total of my sales was enough to get me two half price items of my choice. I got tons of stuff. I am excited.

It is snowing here right now. Not just snowing but accumulating. Saturday was so nice that while I was working on the deck I had to take a couple of shade breaks. Yesterday it reached 21. Today we have a couple inches of snow. Why do we live in this crazy country.

Any other random bits of information I can put into this post... My mystery shop was successful and they have asked me to do more. I found it when I was looking on line for money saving ideas (the homemade cleaners were one of them). I got onto the Smart Cookies website and they suggested being a mystery shopper. I clicked the link to the company they thought was reputable and I got started. I had to go to Joey's in Eau Claire on one of the two days listed between 12 and 1. I had a 6 page survey I had to complete after lunch with very specific things we had to do while there. We will be reimbursed for $35.
It was a pretty nice day but when we arrived and they offered the patio I was skeptical. But the other option was waiting for 45-60 minutes for a table. The hostess told us that if we gave the patio a try she would throw in free coffee and bailey's. Not one to turn down a drink we went for it. It was nice. Good meal and free. Our bill with tip and tax was $38.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: