The strawberry plants were planted last year, so I needed to transplant them. Here they are awaiting their new home.

Almost ready.
So far my strawberries are in, the parsley was transplanted (we will see if it comes back) and I planted Sweet Pea flowers. The rest of the garden will go in any day.
A couple of days ago we picked up bedding plants from the Superstore garden center (much better than most of the garden centers we have visited). 



We also bought a raspberry tree. Logan was reluctant because he didn't want it spreading. So we bought a big bucket and we will see how it goes. The tag says it will grow flowers the first year.
Almost ready.
A couple of days ago we picked up bedding plants from the Superstore garden center (much better than most of the garden centers we have visited).
We picked up Pink/Red Geraniums, Yellow/Purple Violas, Unknown Snap Dragons, Purple Petunias, White Assylum and Anouk (which ends up being a type of lavender, I just thought it was pretty).
I potted the plants in terra cotta pots. Some small ones spread through out the back yard and front steps.
I ended up picked up more flowers than could fit my pots because they came 8 in a pack. So I thought I would throw some in the front flower bed. We will see how they grow. There really isn't a lot of sun light and all of these plants ask for full sun with partial shade in the fine print. My tulips are up but no buds yet. I also planted Daffodil bulbs last year and they hadn't popped up yet. Being my first time I didn't mark where I planted them. So while planting today I dug some up, but quickly put them back in. They have started growing they just haven't broken the ground level yet.
We also bought a raspberry tree. Logan was reluctant because he didn't want it spreading. So we bought a big bucket and we will see how it goes. The tag says it will grow flowers the first year.
2 comments:
Looks good....i like the front bed!!
Everything looks great ... now do you want to come and do my beds - please!!!
Nice Job!
Post a Comment