Saturday, July 18, 2009

Painted again

I did some more painting. The whole house is nearly completely new paint. It is a bit sad that I can't say the whole house is complete after a year. But all that is left is the stairs and the computer room.

The Top of the Stairs
There were ugly stencils (here and in the computer room)



I chose a good ole builder beige. I want to paint the stairs this colour too. I thought if I chose an easy beige I wouldn't have to paint the two story danger zone again.
It was the most unsatisfying two days of work ever. The colour is almost exactly the same as what was there, just a bit more of a yellow beige than a pink beige.
Bathroom
I don't have any before pictures on hand but it was the same beige as the hallway. The only really offensive thing about the bathroom was the tile above the tub. As you can see in the picture it was not just the crazy late 90s colours of royal blue, pink and yellow, but the texture.


I painted over the tile with a melamine paint. Choosing the colour to match was tough. I chose the first step away from the white in the can. The paint man told me that there was .38 of a drop of yellow oxide. And it is too yellow.
It matches the tub surround nicely.


But isn't even close to the other tiles. Perhaps if I added a top coat of shine...

The colour blue ended up being a little more baby blue than the steel blue I was looking for, but it is nice.

Now I just have to decide which towels I will consider my "good towels".

Brown, Red, White or Navy Blue (in the wash at the time of publishing).
I think it will be the blue.

2 comments:

lisa Machnaik said...

Great job in the paint department! I actually like the white towels, but I agree also with the blue...

Mom G said...

I think that all the colours work ... I prefer the white. I thought the navy worked well too!