Monday, September 07, 2009

Time sheets

I finished tech week last night at 12:30am. I filled out a time sheet for 60 hours. I have had a full nights sleep and my feet still hurt. This show's set is on a rake. A rake is when the stage is on a slant. In our case the back part of the stage (upstage) is 3' higher than the front part (downstage). From the side of the rake their are ramps that go from the rake to the floor. These ramps have compound angles so that they are flush with the edge of the rake on one end, and flush with the floor on the other. My legs and feet ache from dealing with these angles all day.

The most exciting part of this show is that it rains. There is a 10' wide rain zone. A pipe and the front and back that provide a sheet of rain and then a pipe that holds 10 fire sprinklers that cover the space between the sheets of rain.

When we had spent two full 13 hour days in the theatre, and had started the 3rd we had a time block to work on our special effects. For three hours we worked out the pyro and rain effects. In that moment, when the rain first came down, I remembered why I do what I do. It was very cool.

See you opening - Friday.

No comments: