Monday, January 04, 2010

Beyond Eden


Beyond Eden is the crazy show I am working on right now.
I go to work in a room full of Canadian Celebrities.
Tom Jackson, the native Canadian actor you have seen in nearly every Canadian movie as well as North of 60 and Shining Time Station.
John Mann, the lead singer from Spirit of the West.
Bill Henderson, lead singer of Chilliwack and many other works as Musical Director.
Our lead actress is referred to as "Canada's own Jennifer Lines" by the other actors.
The choreographer has choreographed the opening ceremony of Commonwealth games etc and the 1988 Olympics and 2010 Olympics.
I am sure that pretty well all of the people in the room are the best at what they do.
Being my first post back I don't want to get into all the gorey the details. All I want to say right now is that they have put so much money into this thing that even if we were to open tomorrow the show will still be spectacular. Hopefully, with another week and a bit of rehearsals it will be even better.
Theatre Calgary has placed a link on their website to an MP3 of the title song "Beyond Eden". Imagine it with a six piece rock band, John Mann on a stage full of totem poles as the curtain goes up for Act II and a cast of 13 sing beautiful 8 part harmony of oohs and ahs in the background.

No comments: