Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Catch up

So my first week of rehearsals with Quest Theatre on The Curse of Shri children's play is complete. It started off quite a bit of work. Then we started rehearsals and the first few days have been fun. And lately I have been feeling the difference between working in an A house (the most prestigious, largest and best paying venues) and Theatre for Young Audiences (close to the opposite of the previous bracket). Never the less, it is a job, I am the stage manager and it will look great on my resume, and an interesting experience in patience and planning (and keeping my mouth shut).
As a perk (and a long story I won't go into now) I was given the very odd stat. holiday, Family Day, off. This is the second or third year for Alberta to have Family Day and the first time around for Sask. And I don't think any other province has picked up this odd three day weekend in February. On this occasion Logan and I decided to go home. Further to that long story mentioned above, I flew home on Saturday night. Logan and two friends of ours; Jen and Jason, drove with Logan on Friday after work. We had a great time. Not near long enough to see even half my list of must sees - but it was short notice and I was there for only one full day.

We had a good time at the Kotlar's for a early birthday party for Logan on Saturday night:
Above is Dad doing his drunk giggle, Stef laughing and Owein being embarrassed for the both of them.

Sunday we spent the day visiting. Stef and I went to Lisa & Curtis' and got to try out the New Nintendo Wii. Good fun.
And then Sunday night it was over to the Glass House. For much boozing and a little bit of the game Pit.



This is Jason and I after we feel off a stool...
... trying to take this picture.
Going home is always a good time! Especially when you wake up Monday morning and have to drive home with Sambuca shots still rolling in your belly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good time was had by all ... very short visit but we will take what we can ... great pics!

Stefanie said...

I love the pics....and yes it was so much fun....I can't wait until you and Logan can get a Wii of your own so that we can have a rematch at boxing!! I know you knocked me out but maybe I will be able to beat you some day!!!
Love you