Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Short Blog From Log

Wow, my first time "blogging". don't like talking about my training because it seems like it's all I ever do, and I don't want to be one of those people that other people say 'shut up about the cop thing already...'. Here goes:
I love it. The people that are in my group are great, and so are our instructors. The instructors are very level-headed and make us do very difficult tasks, but always include an explanation as to how this will help us. The majority of Police officers are great people. We are told what we can and can not do constantly, but they throw in a side note of "but if there are kids involved, do whatever you can", letting us know that we may be sued civily for our actions....but would you want to save a child's life and get sued, or let one die? It won't seem like it when you get your speeding ticket (I have lots!), but most cops really want to help. I know I have been sitting at a red light and a cop car will turn on the lights, blow through the light, then turn them off again and I thought 'fresh batch of doughnuts eh??' but now I think....I wonder if that guy has a 1 month old baby at home and is enroute to a sids death, or rape-home invasion.
I'm just lucky that I have Stacey and my family and God to keep me flying steady.

First time bloggin'....hmmmm. It was ok, but don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good blogging ... keep up the good work. I expect more in the future! Still waiting for that picture of you in your uniform

Unknown said...

Hey Logan! So glad that the training is going well -- it must be really exciting doing what you love and getting ready for a real adult job (something I´ve yet to experience) :) Lots of love you you guys!!!