Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Josh Groban and Mercato

After camping we headed back to Calgary, with mom too. Our little caravan hit cow town in time for Mom and I to go see Josh Groban at the dome.

It was great. We had good seats, but both of the Haughey boys were working and were able to move us to better seats. Josh played for a full two hours with a full string orchestra behind him, as well as a regular band of grand piano, bass, cello, violinist, guitar and percussion with timpani. His voice is so rich. And he is so talented - proving it by not just singing but playing the piano and drums. I would see him again in a heartbeat.

Friday was Mom's birthday. So we took her out to a restaurant that we have never been to. We chose Mercato, an Italian restaurant and market. It was a different concept in eating with pasta being served as a first coarse and then the meat listed alone and order the side separate. The waiter suggested sharing. It was a great idea (and cost effective idea) but I think Logan went a little hungry.

No comments: