As per my previous post, Ode to Shoppers Drug Mart , I am not really enjoying my summer job. It is a place that makes me very angry. The photo lab is my little world, there is no one else but me that works in there. I am a bit of an anal person, things have to be my way when ever they can. People mess up my stuff, leave me notes like "the photo machine is broken" - no detail, information or who wrote the note. It really makes me angry. Monday was probably the worst day I have had at Shoppers yet. Tuesday was not really that much better. Wednesday I was scheduled with one other person - again. How many times have you gone into a store and only seen one cashier and one other person that is doing something else and you think "you could be over here helping". Well I am that other person. I have other stuff to do, like my job. When there is just the two of us for 8 hours I get very angry and frustrated.
So Wednesday I decided that I would be taking a personal day on Thursday. Because there is no one else around I had to leave a note.
To Whom It May Concern,
I will require/be taking a personal/sick day tomorrow, Aug 30.
I will not being coming in for my 8:30 - 5:00 shift.
Stacey.
I did this because I hate this place and I knew that by me not coming in it would really put the scheduling lady/supervisor in a rough place (she was getting her nails done in the afternoon). I wanted to leave a message because talking about it doesn't seem to do much. I did mean to cause ripples and have the big guys of the store ask questions.
When I came in this morning there were signs all over my lab saying that the photo lab would be closed until further notice. That it would take up to five days to receive your prints. It seems that she told everyone that I had quit. The other cashier that was supposed to be on knew that I was taking the day (I warned her) and she tried to tell her that I wasn't quitting. But she told everyone that I had. When I came in we had a chat about why I needed the day. I told her everything that I felt was necessary.
It seems that my attempt to make ripples made waves.
No comments:
Post a Comment