This morning, in a deep sleep I heard a knock. I don't know how long it was before I realized that it was outside of my sleep filled brain. When I did I have Logan a couple hits saying "he's here". We scrambled into clothes and down the stairs to let in the ADT man.
We had a security system installed today. In my opinion this is not to protect us from stealing our meager possessions - but protect from that feeling of violation when they do. More importantly it is so I feel safe when I am at home at night alone. I am alone at night three out of seven or eight nights. To know that when I come home there is no one within hiding behind a door with a crow bar (why I have that image is beyond me) - and that while I am in my pjs watching HGTV if someone does get in, or tries to, I will be alerted and have two way communication with ADT. I think it will be good.
Although, since we have this puppy I have only been alone one night where I was aware that I was in a space three times as large as the apartment with so many vulnerable points of entry. Not going to happen again.
1 comment:
Should be a nice feeling for both of you ... rest much easier!
Post a Comment