All of the rooms in our house need to be painted. Even the hallway at the top of the stairs has stencil painting in the pattern of a quilt.
Our first stop, the guest bedroom. This may seem like a weird choice. Logan has never done any painting before, I have done tons. I figured that this was the best place to practice.
Before I left for Regina, on our Home Depot shopping spree, we picked up a gallon of "Oops" paint. For $9. We both thought that the paint was beige/taupe with a bit of green.
Today we painted the room. It turns out that the colour is actually green with beige. Photos will follow.
Our latest dog related project. We have been having a lot of accidents lately. I feel that some of them could have been avoided had I been able to read the body language of a dog. We decided to try a trick from Andrea and establish a bell ringing system for him to let us know when he had to go out. Now, we know that Jaxson abused the system and had it taken away. And very likely little Charlie will do the same. But in the mean time if it saves a few clean ups I think it will be worth it.
So, this afternoon we bought the bells and hung them on the back door. Before we took him out to pee we used his right paw to swat the bells and then opened the door and took him outside. We showed him twice. Later on Logan went outside to check on something and Charlie cautiously walked up to the bells and gave them a little hit. I let him outside - he investigated - he peed - we celebrated. Tonight, I got home and let him out (using the bell first). About the time I was thinking of going to bed Charlie jumped off the couch and trotted to the kitchen and rang the bells. I let him out - he did not pee. In three total bell rings he figured out how to work the system. Oh well.
3 comments:
I think sometimes dogs just like to go outside for some fresh air... don't give up on him! If it means going out and peeing or not peeing, I think it's okay! (your welcome for my 2 cents.)
Charlie will come around ... remember he is a puppy!
As for the paint ... do you like the green colour or is it something that will have to be re-painted?
Yes, she did abuse the system! Those dogs love to be outside. Jaxon even asks to go out just to drink the water from the bowl outside instead of the full bowl in the kitchen!
Post a Comment