Thursday, October 16, 2008

Democratic Responsibility

I hope you all got out there and voted on Tuesday. Though it seemed to be a choice of the lesser of the evils-But isn't it always.

I did my duty in spades. I worked the election. A Registration Officer. I am the person that put you on the voter list if you were not. I did this job many years ago in a federal election while still in Regina. I remember filling out less than 25 forms (I didn't finish one package). I was told that Calgary Nose Hill, my riding, is the third fasting growing constituency in Canada. In anticipation of this they had two Registration Officers hired. We each had four packages of forms. We nearly finished all of them. Busy.

But way to go Canada. Lowest voter turn out yet. I guess most people felt that it was a $300-million dollar game of musical chairs. And what did we accomplish. Some say nothing. The result is the same as it was three days ago. Who am I to say. I just work here.

No comments: