I have been using this as my mantra over the past couple days. Over the past couple of days I have been doing major manual labour. I love my job, I love my job. I spent six hours hauling pallets full of fully assembled cabinets from a trailer in receiving to the other end of the store in search of ONE cabinet for a customer. Six hours and 15 pallets. I found what I was looking for three minutes after my shift was over. 15 pallets, over a hundred cabinets, trouble twice for where I was stashing them all over the store and one very unhappy Stacey. The next day I spent four hours moving the cabinets from 5 rows in 6 bays into 2 bays. Dirtier and sweatier than the day before. The next day I came in to find another worker doing the same thing I did two days before - pulling pallets looking for one cabinet for a customer. For an hour I kept busy to avoid helping - but felt sorry for the buggar. So... I joined in, grabbed a pallet jack and pulled another ten pallets from the trailer. Yesterday, I had help, and took down two shelves (the actual wood and steel) from every bay and filled the shelves with the cabinets I had pulled out.
I had today off (just one day) and am back to work for five. I intend to work very little to make up for the last week of over working.
2 comments:
Thank God it's almost over. Can you imagine if it wasn't?? You'd be finding something else for sure.... :)
Sounds like a tough week ... the countdown is on ... hopefully that makes it a little easier
Post a Comment