Sunday, December 28, 2008

Before and After :: Powder Room

Powder Room
In preparation for Christmas we did a number of home renovations. One of the first places we have really conquered (more than just paint) was the main floor powder room.
Before
You may remember what it looked for before. 10 year old lino, stained wood crown molding as a chair rail, wood toilet seat, toilet paper holder and towel bar.

We decided to tile. 16"x16" porcelain tile. Logan put down the mortar and I laid the tile.
After 24 hours of jumping from the kitchen to the living room Logan did the grout.
The toilet and the sink were in the kitchen for what felt like forever. We even had Dan stay over night for a job interview with the new fixtures in the kitchen.
After 48 hours we sealed it and the floor was done.
After the floor was ready we started painting. I figured that with the dark colour already on the bottom we should probably do two different colours again. The bottom colour is two shades darker than the brown colour in the kitchen.

The top colour is the same as the brown in the kitchen.

Here it is finished. New towel holders, new faucet, nice chair rail.

I think it looks great. On the wall is the candle holder from the gift exchange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This room is very pretty ... again I love the color choices