Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

Both Logan and I worked on Saturday and really didn't get to see each other. Stef and I went out for supper at Earl's with two of her friends from work and Jen. And then Stef and I went back to Auntie Shelley's and we watched "The Holiday".

Yesterday Logan and I decided would be our Valentine's Day. Logan slept in (as he worked until 7am) but got up around noon. We put in the BlueRay "Earth the Biography" (so good!!!) which allowed Logan to grab a bit more sleep on the couch. Then we headed out to Golf Town. We looked at Golf clubs for Logan. Then went out for a nice dinner. We tried to Keg (mostly for sentimental reasons, we always went to the Keg for special dinners in Regina). It had a huge wait. So we walked across the parking lot to The Red Water. It was far superior to the Keg. The cost went up as we walked in door but it was worth it. We had a great bottle of wine (though how do they get away with marking up the price of a bottle of wine when I know you can buy it for a third of the price). I ordered the steak special which was a prime cut of meat in a "two different kinds of mushroom that I have never heard of" cream sauce with crispy leeks, buttermilk mashed potatoes and green beans. Logan had the tenderloin with rosemary fingerling potatoes and green beans. It was fantastic!

I had made an angel food cake with dream whip and strawberries and raspberries. So we didn't need to add to our already huge dinner bill and because it is Logan's favorite.

We had a lovely evening!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

No comments: