Sunday, June 28, 2009

Jon and Kate Plus Eight

I watch the show all the time. I started watching it during the first season. I love watching those little kids. They are so cute.

This is not a post on their divorce or about what I think about their divorce. This is a post about the crap you can read about them.

In the Calgary Herald you can read that the Mistress will be joining the show "because she is apart of Jon's life". But if you read another article it says that she will not be on the show. Further, they are suggesting that they aren't even together anymore. They say that he is now with the 23 year-old daughter of the plastic surgeon that did Kate's tummy tuck.

Another Headline says that Kate "used to give him only $5 to spend a day". If she is the one doing the paperwork and bills for the house, and they have 8 kids to raise with his IT job, perhaps $5 a day is reasonable. Why do magazines report this crap. He was lucky to have $5 a day.

"Production of future episodes of Jon and Kate Plus 8 ceased yesterday after producers stated they didn't have enough good footage to air the remaining episodes on order. The show will continue to be filmed and will supposedly return in August." Not enough good footage. That is terrible. Are they yelling at each other? Is it as tense and awkward as all of the episodes on this new season? I can't imagine that these episodes could get any worse. I love the show but these last five shows have been different/awkward.

I do have to agree with most of these articles. That the rating are all over the place because fans of the show (like me) are not interested in the new style of show (cross over city: Ace of Cakes, Emril, American Chopper) but that people are tuning in to watch the drama.

I feel bad for those little ones. I watched because the kids did funny things - and there were six of them running around (I think the twins are annoying). I am not watching them for the lies, cheating and drama. I watch Big Brother for that.

2 comments:

lisa said...

I agree. It's very sad for the kids. I can kinda see both sides; he was passive and she was assertive, and now that he's "found who he really is," does that mean he'll be more assertive, too? What happened to 'for better or for worse?' lol! I also think the twins are annoying. ... thanks for the post!! :o)

Mom G said...

Jon needs to "grow up" and realize he has responsibilities and that life as a parent isn't what you always want ... but to put your children first! Actually they both do! The show has given them all the "good" things that they are enjoying even his "fun" trips to be with his girlfriend. Time for them to get real!