Monday, August 07, 2006

Just wanted to tell a quick story

The Beatty Golf Tournament.

The first year I golfed was two years ago. I had heard that it was fun, but had usually chosen to take part in some Calgary shopping with my mom and a couple aunts, rather than wander around in the hot sun chasing a little white ball. But that first year changed my thinking. I was on a team with my Uncle Ron , party animal cousin Jared, and my cousin's boyfriend.

Things started off a little weird when after we teed off we drove just out of sight of the marshal and both carts came to a stop. We needed to have a drink before we went any further. What a way to start a day. I want to let you know that that is pretty much how the rest of the day continued. If we ran into an other team, there were shared and traded drinks. If we made a good shot, made a bad shot, were thirsty. There any and all reasons for drinking. Needless to say little Stacey got back to the club house after 18 a little loaded. We then leaned that we had won - so we had to have another round of drinks. Then there were drink with dinner. And then back to an uncle's place for drinks.

In the end I was blitzed for 12 hours straight. And my family still reminds me about it. But I had a good time. And it seems to be the way we initiate people into the tournament!

Just thought I'd supply a little back story about the tournament before you heard what I did this weekend.

No comments: