Monday, October 02, 2006

German cars are weird

We drive a Volkswagan Jetta. Yesterday it started acting weird. While Logan was driving the car just turned off. It did not stall, it just stopped. And then the dash light "EPC" came on. What the hell does EPC mean. I was blaming Logan for this - he was a little weird yesterday. First he got all revved up on coffee without breakfast and he thought that problem was that he didn't turn the key long enough when it started - which cause the problem. Later he did the same thing with the key and it happened again. I just naturally blamed the weird guy for the weird problems. But today, I was stopped at a light and the car stopped.

I called VW and they told me that the "EPC" light warms of electrical problems that don't have their own warning lights and are usually not connected to the engine. We can only take our car to the VW dealership because no one else wants to touch them - to electrical. The dealership told me they are booking appointments to Oct 23rd. But on the up side - he said that a number of people canceled today and that if we got there before 1pm he could fit us in.

I hope that it is an easy problem, the extra money we have is set aside for Christmas shopping (which we have already started to spread the cost).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the car thing is simple and inexpensive ... can't live with the darn things but can't live without them either .... vehicle expenses always seem to come at a bad time ... what can you do?!