Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Major Purchases

We have been talking about new appliances. They all came with the house - but they are original to the house. Now ten years is not that old for major appliances, however, if you ask either of my mothers they will tell you that the previous owners were not very careful with their house. There is no major damage but everything was quite dirty and ... weird. When we were first talking about appliances I thought it was more of a want. After being here a week I can tell you it is pretty near a need.

The home inspector told us that the dishwasher would go soon and that we should start saving. The fridge door makes a terrible noise when you open it. It sounds as though you have pulled the whole door off, a terrible metal on metal sound. The oven door and drawer are broken. They are in working order - but not great.

While in Regina I went appliance shopping with both Janet and my mom. Coast appliances, The Bay, Sears. I have a couple of brands that are standing out to me. At Coast appliances I discovered a great Jenn-Air fridge and looked at the matching stove. I have also been impressed by a LG and Kitchen-aid Fridge and a GE Profile Dishwasher. The research will continue.

KitchenAid Fridge
Jenn-Air Fridge
LG Fridge white only
LG Fridge

GE Profile Dishwasher - video demonstration

The other major question left is White or Stainless Steel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the same when I used them they were adequate but uncared for. Exciting!!!