We have been looking at appliances. I have done a ton of research and have been passively looking at stores since I was in Regina. Both moms and I headed out to different stores in Regina and learned a bunch.
I have been back and forth with different brands. First it was GE Profile (I recommend their website. The host from Iron Chef America used to have a science cooking show on the food network. He hosts a series of ten or fifteen minute commercials about the technologies in their appliances but it teaches about some basic principles of all appliances). Anyway, I was so impressed with their website that I was sure we were going to go with them. After looking at a bunch of different stores we realized that many stores would show us two options LG and another brand. I took this to mean that they must be good. I was all over the map.
After feeling very confused we approached things from a "what do we know we don't want" instead of what do we want. This helped a ton. We were able to figure out what features were important to us and which we would not pay extra for. In the end these were the things that were requirements.
Fridge - bottom mount freezer, not french doors.
Dishwasher - Stainless steel interior, nylon racks, some sort of adjust-ability, delay and under $800.
Range - convection, element at the convection fan, convection converter that converts the temperature and the time - not just one that adjusts the temp down 25 degrees and leaves you guessing how much shorter the cook time will be.
We also had a great debate about stainless steel vs. white. Stainless steel is very sexy. But white is very practical. And now that I work in the kitchen department I see how easily the stainless scratches and looks like crap easily. We were also tipped of by the man at Trail appliances that white is on the way back in - and that he figures he sells equal white to stainless now - which is a new trend away from stainless.
I think we have made a decision but nothing is final until we sign the papers. We have until the 20th for the sale at Sears. I will keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment