Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Little things

Just in case you haven't checked Amanda's blog lately - she has had the baby. Jolie Grace Very cute.

Back in Calgary, we went to Ikea today. I left with $80 of little things today and am disappointed in the selection of several items. Namely bathroom towel bars and the like. There were three very commercial/industrial options of $20. I can get them for $20-$30 anywhere. And they had nothing large enough to keep Charlie's dog food in.

Speaking of Charlie's dog food there is a little hole in his bag of food. Mouse adventure number 2. I was up for breakfast yesterday morning at 5:30 (I worked at 7am, and had to ride my bike). As I was sitting on the couch I saw a shadow move under the TV stand. I sat up and had a terrible sense of deja vu. Adventure #1: I was sitting on the couch watching TV in the evening and saw a fuzz/lint ball roll down the stair. I sat up and watched a mouse run back up the stairs. This time he ran out from behind the speaker, around the pony wall and into the kitchen. I paused for a second and ran up the stairs to wake Logan. I opened he door, "you may not want to know this right now but there is a mouse in the kitchen". He didn't move so I slowly closed the door. He was up very quickly investigating. In adventure #1 we put out a trap and had him dead within the hour and half when he checked the trap again. Yesterday, they checked all day and it still wasn't caught when I came home from work. Over night we changed the bait and were successful with peanut butter. Another crisis averted.

(We hope that the common thread between these two mice was the back door being left open. Both times we had the screen door propped open during the day for extended periods of time. And these are the only times we have done that, and both times have gotten a mouse. Logan has also put steel wool in two places he thinks they may be getting in from the outside. But both times there has been very little poop found. And last time we couldn't find anything that he had gotten into. This time he chewed a hole in Charlie's dog food.)

No comments: