Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sunday Surprise

We both had Sunday off. That doesn't happen anymore, at all. Sunday is a very different day than any other in the week. As it was Sunday Auntie Shelley and Uncle Gord invited us over for dinner. We headed over shortly before 4:00. We started a drink, chatted a bit and then their phone rang. The caller ID said ADT (I felt that I knew what it was about), Auntie Shelley answered anticipating that they were soliciting. They asked for Gord, Auntie Shelley joked "he is watching the Rider game right now, it might be tough to pull him away." They said okay and that was the end of the call.

Shortly after that Logan's cell phone rang, it was Jason. "Hey, ADT just called, your front door sensor is going off. Where are you? Can you get home?"

We hit every red light - but made it quickly - passing (at high speeds) a cop car parked just outside our circle. He followed us to the house - where the front door was open.

The single cop and Logan checked out the exterior of the house - just the front door was breached. The cop checked out the front door and saw that there was damage - he yelled in to make his presence know and there was no movement inside. We waited outside the house for the Sergeant to arrive so he and the responding officer could clear the house. It was at that moment that I realized that this could be more serious then I thought. The two officers entered our house with guns drawn. They cleared the house and there was no one there and no signs that anyone entered the house.

Poor Charlie. We pen him in the kitchen when we leave the house. From our front yard you can see through the window beside the door to the kitchen. Little puppy was sitting/crouching at the gate with his ears back, shaking.

In the end we have no idea why it happened, nothing was taken. We have had a detective to the house to checks on members events like this. But I think it was just a weird, flukey thing.

(oh, on a side note, ADT performed very poorly. The only thing that happened according to the plan they outlined was that the alarm went off. From that point on every step has something I need complain about. Including that I called to reset the system and told them it was a false alarm. They heard an earful.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Poor Charlie!!! He must have been devastated! I'm so glad everything was okay.... very scary.