Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thankful

Thanksgiving give you the opportunity to remember to be thankful. With the hustle and bustle we surround ourselves with, sometimes we just need a push, we forget to remember.

This thanksgiving weekend I had Friday and Saturday off and Logan worked. Stef and I went shopping. Halloween decorations for the party (we are having a Halloween party at our house on Halloween night), and Christmas shopping. It went well!

Sunday both Logan and I worked and Auntie Shelley was hosting Turkey dinner. I "accidentally" showed up early for work by an hour (so I was done at 6pm instead of 7 - the supper hour). It was the meal with the works. Followed by homemade strawberry rhubarb pie. Logan even got a chance to swing by for a plate.

Monday I hosted Stef, Auntie Shelley and Uncle Gord for dinner. Ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, salad and pumpkin pie. It was nice. Except that it was a bit rushed for me. Logan worked until 4am so slept most of the morning. He was in charge of much of the clean up of the house (with a lunch time kick start on my break). I worked from 7-4 so hurried home to start the cooking.

I have many things to be thankful for. And over the past couple of days I got to sit and remember. I have a beautiful home, with a loving (and handsome) husband, the cutest puppy on the planet, and I was able to share those things with my family whom I love and am thankful for. It also reminds me just how far away I am from our parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very envious that Gord & Shelley got to spend time with you, Stef and Logan ... but thankful I got to spend time with my parents