Colposcopy is a medical diagnostic procedure to examine an illuminated, magnified view of the cervix and the tissues of the vagina and vulva. Many premalignant lesions and malignant lesions in these areas have discernible characteristics which can be detected thorough the examination. It is done using a colposcope, which provides an enlarged view of the areas, allowing the colposcopist to visually distinguish normal from abnormal appearing tissue and take directed biopsies for further pathological examination. The main goal of colposcopy is to prevent cervical cancer by detecting precancerous lesions early and treating them.
Yesterday was my third. Gotta love those days. First - most importantly, the doctor told me that he expects that to me my last visit. (Unless of coarse I have an abnormal pap in the future). But he figured that it would come back the same as before and therefore I would be clear.
I hate those things. I dreaded it all day. To the point that I asked the boys at work to try to distract me. One of the fellas brought in "Pippin" soundtrack for me, and that worked for the preshow. But during the show I was very distracted. I was aware and remember the first two songs but missed most of the show. We got to the second to last song, the most showy piece of our show, and I clicked on to my com "wow, how did we get here". I pretty much missed the whole show. I ran a good show, all the right things at the right time, I just don't remember.
1 comment:
Oh Stace, I sure hope that's your last one, too... that doesn't sound like fun. at. all. In fact, far from comfortable. Fingers crossed everything comes back normal... :)
Post a Comment