Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Last day in Vancouver

On my last Day Off before we closed the show in Vancouver I went on a big walk. I walked down the Sea Wall to see the sights.

Here I am across the water from Granville Island.

Further down the Sea Wall is English Bay.



I pulled up a seat one of these big logs and watched the water and the big container ships.

Further down the water is the Inukshuk at English Bay. The plague says that it was given to the City of Vancouver by the Government of the Northwest Territories for their pavilion at Expo '86.

It was a beautiful day for a walk.



The last night that I was in Vancouver I was able to hang out with Logan and Matt. Matt took us on our driving tour of the city, the North Shore.
First stop, back at English Bay for the Art Installation "Vectoral Elevation". 20 huge search lights that light the sky. There is a website where you can design your own light show.


Here Matt and Logan watching the lights.

Then we drove into Stanley Park to take a peak at some of the sights. Here are the totem poles of Stanley Park.

The Haida Pole.
Still in Stanley Park we pulled over to take a look at the Olympic Rings on the water.

The Rings with Five Sails in the background.

Lions Gate Bridge.
A shot of the three cruise ships lined up that are housing the 7000 law enforcement. Logan's is the ship with the red tail.
Our last stop was at Lonsdale Quay, looking back onto downtown.

Driving over the Lions Gate Bridge back into downtown.


In the end I had a good time in Vancouver. It may not seem like it. But now that the pain is behind us I can appreciate the show. Usually the subject matter of the show matters very little to me. But after my afternoon at the Museum of Anthropology I feel the strength of our show. And I have spent some time with the company and have really enjoyed hanging out with them. If I forget the first two weeks, it was great.
But I am very glad to be home.

No comments: