Today was the end of the second of four weeks of training for WestJet, and I couldn't be more frustrated. The class moves so slowly that I might kill someone - I'm actually not sure how I have not done so yet. The class style is "wait for everyone to be on the same page". There are some people out there that I am unsure how they get to work every morning. And the groans are getting louder as they ask for clarification on the same thing for the fifty thousandth time!
Today we spent the entire day with a different "teacher" for Customer Care. We were talking about call flow and how to fill dead air while we are typing or looking something up. The teacher says "it could be as simple as an open ended question about why they are traveling - so instead of saying "So you are going to your daughter's wedding" say "tell me about the wedding plans"". This lady actually put up her hand to ask for a definition of an open ended question and if she could get a couple more examples of "good ones". And the worst part is that she used to teach. I know that this may not be the appropriate forum to vent - but HOLY CRAP!
In lighter news - we used my fight prevailed for the first time yesterday - Logan flew to Regina. I have to say that I felt so proud while I was walking through the airport that I almost wanted to put on my WestJet ID. It is cheesy but I have never been so brainwashed by a company - I am really proud to be associated with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment