Saturday, June 17, 2006
Is there any end in sight?!?
Today is the 3 billionth day of rain in a row. I don't really know what is going on. It is the middle of June and I don't think we have seen any sun. Today looked promising. We got up late, and headed out to check out some places. The sun was shining. Sure there were tiny showers while the sun was out - but it seemed harmless. After hitting up the grocery store (and the liquor store), we came home to enjoy a martini on the balcony. We had a pleasant hour and a half before I headed in to start dinner. It was still sunny and warm as I walked through the door to the kitchen, Logan started the BBQ and headed in to help. Five minutes later there is a huge crack of thunder and the clouds opened. That was twenty minutes ago. The lightning is bright, the thunder is wall shaking and the rain is coming down in sheets. And still our chicken and asparagus cooks away. Oh wait, it is now coming down sideways. This rain has got to stop or it is going to flood like last year. Not that we have to worry - being on the 4th floor of an apartment that is on a huge hill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment