In high school, and university to a lesser degree, I was all about marks. I worked as hard as I could to get perfect grade while putting in as little effort as possible. Today, and this whole WestJet experience, are just further proof. Yesterday on a little quiz I got 100%. Today we were to write an exam that we were allowed to bring in a cheat sheet for. Even though I did not feel as though the material was challenging enough to warrant a cheat sheet - I made a beautiful sheet. The teacher featured mine as a good example of choosing important information. When the exams were returned at the end of the day I saw 30.5/31. I asked about the 1/2 mark (knowing that I was right). He said that he would check it out and let me know if I could have that half mark back.
Meanwhile, in order to "pass" and continue to work you have to achieve 85%. Over half the class did not meet that bench mark. There I am, at the front of the class discussing 1/2 a mark.
Oh well, old habits die hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment