Thursday, July 27, 2006

I like my sparkley ring

I love my beautiful engagement ring (and wedding ring too!). Especially when it freshly cleaned and it glitters in the lowest light. Today I stopped by People's for my twice a year inspection of my setting. What a weird little ritual. It makes sense, the diamond is only being held in by four little prongs and you wear it everyday. Hit it on one to many things, the prong moves, the diamond falls out and People's has to buy you a new diamond. But what are they really learning from the 30 sec they spend looking at it. At least they clean it!


I was at the mall for a doctor's appointment. A physical to be exact. That is another weird little ritual. So I have a new doctor for the second time in my life. A female for the first time. However, my doctor is on holidays so I got her "sub". A nurse asks you to get naked and a stranger will walk in to touch you in all the places you don't really want a stranger to touch. I do have to say having a female doctor is much different. If felt a little more comfortable because with the male doctor it gets a little awkward at "please lie down with your legs spread and I'll call the nurse. -Buzz- Shirley can you please come in here". And then Shirley comes and stands at your head to make sure everything is on the up and up, but you now have to make awkward conversation with two people who aren't naked with their legs in the air!

But everything is fine. I'm right in the middle of the goal weight, for people who are at my height - which also happens to be in the middle of average. My blood pressure is right in the middle of average etc. It seems that I am just an average person in every way. (by the way we are very happy to see that my blood pressure is normal, as the last two times it was near low!)

On the up side of the physical she did not require me to give blood this time as she did not feel it necessary. That makes me very happy, as the smell of those small, sterile rooms makes me dizzy and nauseous. And no pee in a cup. Just the pap for me today! Yeah!!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I also love your ring!! I like when you take it off and let me wear it for a little while!! LOL...well I guess I should really get back to work. Call me today if you are board!!
Love Always,
Stefanie