It has been a while since I posted anything. But I have a tragic tale of whoa as my excuse.
Not so long ago, I mentioned that I was re-editing my wedding video. I have spent all of my extra time on the computer - importing video, watching, cutting, adding effects and transitions and the like. Two days ago I devoted the computer to rendering my finished video of the ceremony (I have also finished the getting ready stuff). The rendering took 4 hours of computer thinking. Yesterday I created a DVD to give it a whirl and make sure it worked before removing it from the computer. It finished burning - and it didn't work. I realized that I burnt it on the wrong disk (who knew there was a difference between DVD-R and DVD+R, okay, I did but that is not the point here). So I burnt another copy and could not have been happier when I put it into the DVD player and my menu jumped up on the screen. My arms shot up into the air in celebration. Logan heeded the warning, "don't get too excited, they usually don't work the first time for you."
Whether he doomed me to failure with his pessimism, or I just have to learn everything the hard way, I don't know. But the video worked, except that it was a teeny, tiny square on the TV. You could have fit 8 of my videos on our TV. I nearly cried. Hours and hours gone.
Okay, no bid deal. Just go find out where the problem is. 6 hours, 1 glass of wine and a lot of frustration later, Logan, our friend Jason and I came to the conclusion that the program I used to import the video can only import in an analogue format. The brand new, super fantastic editing program I use is digit. The imported video is just smaller in size than if I could get it straight from our digit video camera.
It is at this time I would like to once again curse our STUPID videographer. If he would have just given me the source files from the raw footage video he gave me, all would be well. But no. "I'm Luke, I'm dumb, I'll give you your footage in a file type your computer won't read!"
So, now I get to start all over again. And the worst part is, I have spent all this time teaching myself how to use this professional quality editing program, but I won't be able to use it.
Back to square one!
4 comments:
Sorry about the video ... have another glass of wine, take a big breath and start again. You now that the final product will be perfect as it always is ...
I agree with your mom... *hugs*
Soooo sorry :( That really bites.
sounds like you are living in the fast lane,happy belated birthday,and happy 1st anniversary. sorry to hear about the video, but remember you only learn from the mistakes,have some wine and relax, everything will work out, it was only time that cost you and not a lot of money,take care
Post a Comment