Day Four Part II
At the end of the day we started to head back to the hotel to catch the airport shuttle. It was a busy day on the strip as we tried to catch the bus. But it was full and we were told to wait for the next. Which could be in any amount of time. So instead of waiting we decided to walk. How far can it be from the Wynn to our hotel. I'll tell you - it is very far! We made it 45 minutes - just in time for us to grab a seat on the sidewalk for a couple minutes and then off to the airport.When we arrived at the airport we were greeted by one of the girls I work with, standing in line with her mom. (Keep in mind it was shortly after 5, they would open the flight for check in at 6, but the flight wasn't until 9). She told us that there had been a switch and they were sending a smaller plane and the flight was sold out. So we waited and waited. The other employee had purchased a ticket before she left and was not on standby. But the mom and the three of us were biting our finger nails. To our surprise and happiness - we were the only four standbys. But it didn't help. There were only 2 people that did not show up for the flight. The other mom did get there first so the seat is hers. But then, which one of us to go home. I had to work - and you are in trouble for missing work because you were traveling on your flight priviledges. However, Stef had an exam the next day - and I had already given my notice. So we sent Stef and mom and I stayed in Vegas.
Our first adventure was finding the Hotel shuttle. We went to purchase a ticket - and after much confusion were told "one of our driver's is missing with one of our limos. I, the supervisor, will give you a ride if you don't mind making a couple of stops to find him." At this point mom and I didn't care.
So we hoped in and mom and I had a tour of Vegas from a limo!

So we hoped in and mom and I had a tour of Vegas from a limo!And the guy was great, he entertained us. And at the end offered to take us out for dinner (cause we were stuck in Vegas), they ended up finding the guy so he couldn't take us out, but he gave us his per diem to buy our own! We ended up staying at The Sahara. Not a hotel I would recommend. It wasn't bad, just old and dingy.
We were now at the other end of the strip and within walking distance of some different casinos.
We were now at the other end of the strip and within walking distance of some different casinos. The Stratosphere
(which stunk like they had pulled up carpet). We walked around - thought about going up to the top - but it cost to much and by this point we really didn't care about much!
(which stunk like they had pulled up carpet). We walked around - thought about going up to the top - but it cost to much and by this point we really didn't care about much!Then to Circus Circus. That was far better than I had expected - especially from the look of the outside. But there was a second level around the casino floor that had games of chance for kids (like at the exhibition). They also had a center "big top" performance area.
We got to see a really cool performance by a very flexible and strong lady!
We got to see a really cool performance by a very flexible and strong lady! From here, we were just tired and ready to sit at the airport and make sure that we were getting onto the plane. (I had called the call centre a million times during the day to make sure the situation hadn't changed! The flight was looking wide open!) We arrived at the airport shortly after 4 - two hours before the flight even opened for check in! We used the rest of our American money on very large bottles of booze from the duty free, and mom gave a spin on the slot machines in the airport.

1 comment:
The walk back was quite the trek ... at top speed too! But the limo ride was fun and hey, we got supper and breakfast out of it ....
Post a Comment