Friday, January 11, 2008

Double Payment

On January 2nd our apartment building took out two rent payments from our bank account. We live in downtown Calgary. As you may have heard Calgary is now the most expensive city in Canada - beating out Vancouver by $5. So, needless to say, taking out our ridiculous rent just once makes a huge dent in funds - taking two certainly put us in the red. Today is the 11th and is a Friday, the issue has not been resolved meaning the soonest we will get our rent reimbursed is Monday the 14th. Can you imagine what would happen if you didn't make your rent payment until the 14th? I believe that would be grounds to evict.

I am a little upset about this. At first I was just shocked when I saw the balance on our net banking. Then releived when we discovered it was a mistake and we will be able to get that cash back. Then I was a little pissed off when their first suggestion was "I guess you just don't have to pay next month". Yeah, cause we can afford to do that. When they said they would FedEx us a cheque and pay our overdraft charges I was happy - no big deal. That was a week ago!

In other news, 30 hours to go! The realtor told us that the other offer is not going to remove the condition at this time, they have an open house tomorrow and if they get an offer without time conditions they will be in a position to buy. If they don't get a solid offer they will back away from the sale. He felt this was very promising! So, we are still no closer than we were yesterday - but things are looking good.

No comments: