Yesterday Logan and I spent almost three hours roaming around our NEW HOUSE with a fella named Don. We learned about everything possible in this house, it was great. It got a really good review from the inspector. He felt that the house was really well build by people that knew what they were doing. That they didn't just slap it together - that they put in the details that experienced builders should. Things like moisture barrier under the foundation and a silent floor system. And there are some added features like really good insulation and the hardwood in the living room is 3/4" oak installed the old fashion way (not prefinished etc). Overall we are more excited now than we were before! The last hurdle (of the purchase I guess) is our financing - which shouldn't be a problem because it was all pre-approved.
The house is still far from being ours (time wise) but already we are planning. (Who are we kidding, we have been making plans on the house since we first saw it). You all may expect that of me, picking colours and making plans and tables and diagrams. You may not expect that of Logan - he was excited about looking at the faucets that were on sale at Canadian Tire.
We have a very exciting journey ahead. Besides waiting for the financing so we can remove the last condition on the offer, the next thing to worry about is possession date. They asked for 30 days in their listing. We offered 60 days (Feb 29) which would give us a month to get it ready and move in before our lease is up. They countered, surprisingly, with March 31 with the option to move forward 30 days upon mutual agreement. For our sake - we had better. I will be in Regina working on a Globe Theatre contract from March 20th. So fingered crossed that these guys find a house for themselves and can get out of ours!
1 comment:
So exciting! It looks and sounds great.
Thanks for your comments on my blog. I check in on your from time to time. I know Logan from the old youth group days and think I have met you once or twice through Amanda.
Post a Comment