Nearly a year after the wedding I am finally sitting down with all of the video I have collected to put it together. When you ask most people if anything went wrong on their wedding day, they will have a story. For me, I had so many great people helping me that it was damn near perfect. My only regret - MY emotions getting in the way when I got to the mic.
I had everything planned and put together, except a speech on paper. It was in my head, of course, but when you get up in front of all of those people that are there because they love you. Wow. Nothing beats that. So, sure enough, I nearly loose it. Logan saved the day with a little humor - but I no longer could put two words together. There were so many people that I wish I would have thanked publicly!!!
To make matters worse - I have been watching the raw footage from our extremely stupid videographer. I am seeing things that I never would have had the chance to see. There were so many people doing things I had no idea were even going on. So here is my short list of thank you's that I wish I could have said in front of everyone while I had the mic.
Nicole: my stage manager. You really pulled everything together. I can never thank you enough. And after watching all that you did - you really were everything I had hoped and knew that you would be!
Alexis, Danielle & Nicolle: You lovely ladies arrived to the dinner and were in there right away to help light the millions of candles that I had laid out and expected one person to light (above all of the other things that I had asked her to do). I thank you. I had no idea.Jesse, Ben & Jason: Thank you for helping clean up the church! And Ben for helping strike the lights at the end of the night!!!

Uncle Gord & Auntie Shelley: For helping us find our place in Calgary (a GREAT place might I add) and help us feel comfortable there. Especially for making Logan feel not so alone for the 8 months while he was there by himself!
And perhaps my biggest thank you:

To the Zubick Family: You showed up days early. Were involved in making every aspect perfect. From Brad running out to get whatever it was we needed. To Kathleen making those decisions that just needed to be made and getting the job done!! And my beautiful little ones who helped more than some of the big kids! To Patrick for being the best program boy ever (there is a great shot of you on the video doing your thing). To all of you for averting the program crisis when they mysteriously made it back to our house after the rehearsal! And for all of the countless things that I got to see you help with on the video - and for the millions of other things that I did not see. I don't know what I would have done without you guys!!!!!!!!It really touches the heart to see so many people going out of their way to help make our day the perfect day that it was!
2 comments:
I agree ... the help from others was greatly appreciated ...
Stacey, it was so much fun to help with your wedding, so thank you for having me as a part of it! Your family and friend's are amazing and I was having a blast the whole time . . . and I just kept reminding myself that someday (but no time soon) I will (probably?) be getting married as well . . . and you will be there stage managing for me - because you promised. ;-)
Post a Comment