So today at work, I was working my way through what seemed like a million and half calls, each only seconds in length, feeling like the day was never going to end, when I got what started as an ordinary call. I was just making a booking, like I had done so many time that hour. The guy was conversational and witty, so I joined in the banter. At the end of the call we have a lot of things we have to say, including policies and information, flight details and finally the confirmation number. As I was nearing the end I stopped and said "it doesn't sound like you are writing this down". He replied "I am not". "You probably should so that when you call us back and the agent says 'do you have your confirmation number" you don't have to say ' that nice girl on the phone read all of that stuff to me and I didn't bother to write it down.' "
-okay, here is the highlight
He said, "I guess I am just a mean guy", and I said "I doubt that" and he said
"do you watch TV"
"yeah"
"do you watch Canadian Idol?"
"yeah"
"you know the mean guy, did you notice the email address (it was his name), yeah, that's me."
Talked to a real live celebrity today - and I don't even feel that I came off like a total looser at the end. I actually feel that I was pretty witty. (unlike the time I met Great Big Sea... big time looser Stacey!!!)
2 comments:
Congrats Stace! Way to be calm and collected. :)
Your first "big time" celebrity ...ya right - only in his mind!
Post a Comment