I must apologize. This has been the longest span I have had without a blog. My excuse. My mom was in town, then my entire family, all the while I was still working until 12:00 or 1:00 am.
My mom, grandma and grandpa drove to Calgary last Monday and we spent some time together. Mom and I went shopping - and she was nice enough to buy our groceries. And might I add it was one of the largest shops I have ever had for myself. So we should be fully stocked for quite some time.
I was lucky enough to be given a three day weekend this week, so mom and I had all day Friday together. Then Logan joined us for some dinner and then for drinks at Auntie Terri's.
On Friday my dad, sister and brother drove up as well. Friday night we had a full house as the whole family stayed in our one bedroom apartment. Made no matter to me though, I was the one with a bed. Saturday Stef, Matt, Logan and I floated down the Bow River in a couple rafts with a few of my cousins. The weather was nice - the wind a little cold - but we had a good time. *Pictures to follow*
And yesterday. Yesterday was the Beatty family annual golf tournament. To tell you a little about this requires you to know my family a little. It is large: 2 grandparents, 14 aunts and uncles, 14 grandchildren, 10 grandchildren significant others, 11 great grandchildren. This familiy is loud, likes to have a good time, and likes their drink. So we take over golf course for a day and have a good ole Texas Scramble. Where winning is not the main goal, but rather which team can drink the most. It is always a good time. This year I was with Rob (an uncle), Todd (a signifcant other of a grandchild), Auntie Terri, and I. We had a blast !! And as a bonus we WON!! I believe our final score was 5 under par! Go team!! I won a rain coat.
I believe that a great time was had by all!
1 comment:
The Golf tournament was a lot of fun! Golfing with my dad is great fun and then you add a sibling or two -- a great time! I was a DD so drinking was done to a minimum for me ... someone had to drive my kids back to Calgary! Had a great time at your place ... very cosy!
Post a Comment