
First, Sydney Paige Baisley was born to Lani and Regan on
May 13th.

Then Avelyn Paige Brown was born to Amanda and Steve Brown on July 19th.
Then Owein and Alana Heileger had little baby Alena Zara Heileger on August 4th. (I don't have a picture because we have yet to see that little bundle)

Most recently, my cousins Carla & Marc VanHorne had little Kaeleigh Heather Rose on August 9th.
Many months ago I had decided that the best possible baby gift would be a home made blanket. So before I went to Edmonton (to work for a month, the middle of March to the middle of April) I bought a bunch of flannelette fabric and began making quilts while away. I bought 4 different fabrics, all as unisex as I could find so that boys or girls would be fine with it - even though it ended up being 4 girls. It was a surprisingly long process. The first one was fun, the second one, the novelty wore off, the third was no fun and the last, I procrastinated like it was home work. It seemed to take forever, but they were well worth it as I think they all turned out beautifully.
I would have written about the blankets sooner but I just gave out the last on the family reunion weekend and didn't want to give it away.
I could have been smarter though, I gave 3 away before I took a picture. They were all different and two of the four had cotton batting centers for extra warmth and padding. (two had to be mailed so the smaller they would fold the better.)
No comments:
Post a Comment