Today is Monday once again. The only day in the week that I don't have to go to the theatre. However, I did bring a little work home with me. Sigh. I have to update my paper work.
I know that you don't want to hear me whine about the trials that this week has been. The only thing that I want to mention is that in this show there are three scenes with coffins. We have one very large coffin cart that totes them around the stage, and two coffins. One is made of plywood planks with nothing in it and is relatively light. No problem. The other, well the other is to belong to Jacob Marley. He was a rich man so his is much nicer (which means layers of wood) with metal handles. Oh, and did I mention that there is a body inside. There is a skeleton. So the inside has to be finished too. This thing ways a tonne. And Kelly (the other ASM) and I have to trudge it from one side of the stage to the other twice during the show. (I also have to dress said skeleton every show as they steal from him). This coffin is supposed to be the dug up Jacob Marley. So they have added "mud" and "roots" to the outside. These additions need to be permanent so they are created with a glue substance. These damn pokey bits have been giving us coffin bites. I have cuts every where, mostly on my hands and arms, from this stupid thing. And to make the end of my week the designer said that "he loves the look of the mud but there needs to be more - and way more roots."
Here is to cut up arms!
No comments:
Post a Comment